Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
Hi, I'm Charlotte and I will be taking over the Archivist role. This is my fourth year in SSAGO, and my first as an Indie, having finished at Nottingham last year. Whilst at Nottingham I was involved with the archive that SNoGS run in conjunction with the University of Nottingham archives and really enjoyed it, and I believe it's important that clubs are supported to set up and run their own archives if this is something that they wish to do, as well as maintaining and building the national SSAGO archive. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in to this role and to working with members of SSAGO to build our records for future generations. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions relating to archives either at a national or club level.
- Exploring the archives: Following taking over the role from Larah I have been continuing to explore the archives to see what is in there and to try and learn more about the history of the organisation.
- Archives online: I have started to work towards getting some of the archived materials onto a public facing website over the next few months.
- Club closing policy: Had a meeting to discuss a new policy to help us protect club records when they close.
- Archives online: I will be working to try and get some of the materials in the SSAGO archives onto a public website so that more people can access it.
- Photo archiving: I will be working to archive some of the photos that were uploaded into the SSAGO facebook group in the days before Google photos were used to compile photo albums at SSAGO events.
- Amalgam: I will be working over the next year or so to put together an archiving drop-in activity session for Amalgam.
- Handover: I am currently in the process of attending handover training sessions with Larah to learn about the role, having been appointed in January.
- Guidance document: I have worked with Larah to produce a guidance document for clubs wanting to set their own archives up.
- Meeting with Clubs: Larah and I met with Liverpool to discuss their plans for setting up and archive in preparation for their anniversary celebrations next year. I am, of course, happy to meet with other clubs to discuss archives as well.
- Handover: Continue handover sessions with Larah to learn more about the role.
- Projects: Spend the next few months thinking about projects that I would like to run as I take over the role properly.
- Physical archives: Whenever I am allowed (post covid), I intend to visit the physical collection that we have at Gilwell Park, and to ensure that any items that need to be deposited are.
- Working with clubs: I would like to continue to work with clubs to help them to develop their archives - so if you'd like me to meet with you, please do get in touch.
- Digital archive: continue to develop the digital archive project.